Buddha was born in Guatama Siddhartha. He was a philosopher and spiritual leader that many found peace from. His wisdom formed Buddism and from there many found their spiritual journey.
He lived and taught within the 6th-4th century of B.C. but his teaching are still taught and respected today.
Here are the best Buddha quotes!
- “Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.”
- “Give, even if you only have a little.”
- “Those who cling to perceptions and views wander the world offending people.”
- “I will not look at another’s bowl intent on finding fault: a training to be observed.”
- “Should a person do good, let him do it again and again. Let him find pleasure therein, for blissful is the accumulation of good.”
- “Delight in heedfulness! Guard well your thoughts!”
- “Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course.”
- “Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. This is a law eternal.”
- “Better it is to live one day seeing the rise and fall of things than to live a hundred years without ever seeing the rise and fall of things.”
- “If a man going down into a river, swollen and swiftly flowing, is carried away by the current — how can he help others across?”
- “Ardently do today what must be done. Who knows? Tomorrow, death comes.”
- “Resolutely train yourself to attain peace.”
- “All tremble at violence; all fear death. Putting oneself in the place of another, one should not kill nor cause another to kill.”
- “Just as the great ocean has one taste, the taste of salt, so also this teaching and discipline has one taste, the taste of liberation.”
- “As an elephant in the battlefield withstands arrows shot from bows all around, even so shall I endure abuse.”
- “The root of suffering is attachment.”
- “As a water bead on a lotus leaf, as water on a red lily, does not adhere, so the sage does not adhere to the seen, the heard, or the sensed.”