There was a time when the Internet was used to share research results between university scientists and to send e-mail, but one day someone discovered the True Purpose of this global network of telecommunications equipment: The Internet is for CATS. LOLCats, Keyboard Cat, Nyan Cat… even I Can Has Cheeseburger was launched by a cat. Then came celebrity cats: Grumpy Cat and Lil’ Bub (may they rest in peace), Monty, Venus, and so many more. It turns out, the general population has a thirst for cats that only the internet can feed!
These days, people do most of their picture sharing on Instagram, one of the largest and most successful social media sites out there. Instagram is of course a haven for cat-related posts of all sorts. The Internet and Instagram have become the perfect place for cat lovers to meet and share the joy inspired by our four-legged companions, with collections of hashtags that lead users to treasure troves of videos and photos of cats and kittens being adorable, engaging in hilarious hijinx, being ultra wild, and being slothfully mild.
If you have a cat, chances are very good that you’re already sharing photos of your furry feline friends on Instagram. But sometimes, you might not be able to come up with that purr-fect caption that helps you truly capture the love you feel for your little buddy. Fear not- we’ve got quite a few captions in mind to help you really get your followers “feline” the love!
(Hey maybe you’re more of a dog person…if so, no worries, we’ve still got you covered.)
Many cat pictures are super sweet. You can practically feel the snuggles from the other side of the screen. Consider an adorable pun to accompany these tender moments.
- I love you meow and furever.
- Sometimes you have to paws the world.
- Happy Caturday!
- You gotta be kitten me!
- Live long and pawspurr.
- Meow chika meow meow.
- The purrfect afternoon.
- This kitty is fur-midable! RAWR!
- I’ve got this loving feline…
- The pawsabilities are endless!
- He’s gone cat-atonic.
- The angriest little cat in hisstory.
- Maximum happiness, mewnimum effort.
So, maybe they read a little more like Dad Jokes, but hey, who doesn’t love a great, clean, corny joke?
- Did you hear about the mama cat who ate a whole ball of yarn? She gave birth to a litter of mittens!
- What’s the official name for a pile of cats? A meowntain.
- If my cat gets everything she wants, is it because she’s purrsuasive?
- Why does your cat always jump up on your keyboard? Because he’s looking for the mouse!
- What do you call a cat who commits crimes? A purrpetrator.
- Did you hear about the guy who wouldn’t spay his cat? He got arrested for littering.
- Why don’t cats play poker? Too many cheetahs.
- What did the kitten have for breakfast? Mice Krispies!
Cats vs. Dogs
Nearly everyone will agree that cats and dogs are entirely different creatures, in every possible way! While dogs tend to be lovable extroverts who love showing off tricks and providing relentless companionship, cats are more introspective, independent, and equipped with a purring mechanism that can rattle the walls when they are pleased. Some of the luckiest of us are owned by both critters, and we dedicate these captions to these mixed-species families!
- Dogs have owners; cats have staff.
- “Dogs come when they’re called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.” – Mary Bly
- “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” – Robert Heinlein
- Cats rule, and dogs drool.
- ““Meow” means “woof” in cat.” – George Carlin
- “Dogs eat. Cats dine.” – Ann Taylor
- “Cats are smarter than dogs. You can’t get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.” – Jeff Valdez
- “Dogs are not like cats, who amusingly tolerate humans only until someone comes up with a tin opener that can be operated with a paw.” – Terry Pratchett
Cats and Food
Cats are famous for their relentless appetites. Anyone who has felt a hungry cat drag its whiskers across their face in the middle of the night can attest that it’s impossible to ignore a hungry cat. From endless meows, to the “paw and pounce” approach, cats are very talented at sharing their need for feed.
- “Smelly cat. Smelly cat. What are they feeding you?” – Phoebe Buffay
- There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.
- Hungry cat is hungry… always.
- “Cats ask plainly for what they want.” –
- “One of my biggest fears is that I’m going to die alone in my home, and my cats will eat me because I am too dead to open their food cans.” –
For the Love of Cats
Cats would be frustrating, if they weren’t so darned endearing. Once you’ve fallen in love with one cat, it’s inevitable that you’ll keep falling in love for the rest of your life. What better way to share that feeling that with a serious Feline Appreciation post on your Instagram feed. Consider these quotes and sayings to accompany your post.
- “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” – Charles Dickens
- “The smallest feline is a masterpiece.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “I love cats more than I love most people.” – Amy Lee
- “Time spent with a cat is never wasted.” – Sigmund Freud
- Cats make a house a home.
- I fall in love with every cat I see.
- All you need is love and a cat.
- “A meow massages the heart.” – Stuart McMillan
- Crazy cat lady confirmed.
- “A woman hath nine lives like a cat.” –
Through the Eyes of a Cat
It’s clear that cats have a different reality than us basic humans. What if we could live like cats? Furthermore, what if cats could post to Instagram? How would they caption their selfies?
- So exhausted. I’ve only slept 15 hours today.
- It’s mouse hunting season.
- Basking in the glory of my internet fame.
- Strut…pause…strut…pause. Lick my tail, and… POSE!
- I am not amused. I am never amused. I am a cat.
- I’ll fetch if I feel like it.
- The reason I sleep all day is because my human has poor taste in binge watching.
- We cats have websites where they upload videos of humans trying to open Tyvek envelopes and start lawn mowers… except we don’t have thumbs, so we never watch them.
In the Mind of a Cat
Cats probably have very complicated minds. They’re house-sized, domestic predators with extremely packed schedules. After all, they have to sleep fifteen hours, leave hairballs in your shoes, prepare for meals hours ahead of time, hunt insects and other small prey, and knock things off shelves. That’s a lot of planning! So what goes on in that little furry head?
- What do cats think about? Probably world domination… and strategies for tripping humans on the stairs.
- “Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose.” – Garrison Keillor
- “Cats are the connoisseurs of comfort.” – James Herriot
- “The cat does not offer services; the cat offers itself.” – William S. Burrows
- You don’t own cats. They own you.
- “If cats could talk, they wouldn’t.” – Nan Porter
- I’m glad my cat can’t talk; he knows too much.
- There is no such thing as an ordinary cat.
- Cat’s aren’t that mysterious. With a cat, you always know what you’re getting.
- You can teach a cat to do anything that they feel like doing.
- “Cats tell me without effort all that there is to know.” –
- “In my head, the sky is blue, the grass is green and cats are orange.” –
Best Cat Quotes
Over the ages, cats have won over the hearts of lots and lots of people. When searching for the perfect caption for your cat posts on Instagram, why not borrow a saying from some of the most famous cat connoiseurs?
- “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.” – Terry Pratchett
- “A cat determined not to be found can fold itself up like a pocket handkerchief if it wants to.” – Louis J. Camuti
- “Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.” – Garrison Keillor
- “I would like to see anyone, prophet, king or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time.” – Neil Gaiman
- “When I play with my cat, how do I know that she is not passing time with me rather than I with her?” – Montaigne
- “An ordinary kitten will ask more questions than any five year old.” – Carl Van Vechten
- “A cat’s got her own opinion of human beings. She don’t say much, but you can tell enough to make you anxious not to hear the whole of it.” – Jerome K. Jerome
- “There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — music and cats.” –
- “Cats are a mysterious kind of folk.” –
- “Cats have it all – admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” –
Little Cats and Big Cats
Though house cats generally seem quite tame, many of them have never forgotten their wild roots… just ask anyone who has had their sofa clawed to pieces by their five-pound pet! Celebrate their wild heritage with these Big Cat captions.
- A cat is a lion in a jungle of small bushes.
- Little cats are big cats at heart.
- At night house cats become house leopards.
- Even a cat is a lion in her own lair.
- The kitten of the jungle.
- Wild at heart.
Ignoring the Haters
Not everyone loves cats. We have no explanation for this phenomenon, but we do have some words of wisdom that you can share with them via your Instagram captions!
- People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next lives.
- Cats are like music. You can’t explain their worth to people who don’t understand.
- A rose has thorns just as a cat has claws. Certainly, they’re both worth it?
- I had to get rid of my husband. He was allergic to my cat.
More Cat Quotes
Here are some additional quotes from famous cat fiends. These adequately capture all of the various emotions and thoughts that come with the feline experience.
- While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. – Mark Twain
- Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvenience. – Pam Brown
- How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven. – Robert A. Heinlein
- When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction. – Mark Twain
- I’m a cat. We aren’t required to make sense. – Seanan McGuire
- A home without a cat — and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat — may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title? – Mark Twain
- A cat understands how to be pleasant in the morning. He doesn’t talk. – Tamora Pierce
- I gave my cat a bath the other day…they love it. He sat there, he enjoyed it, it was fun for me. The fur would stick to my tongue, but other than that… – Steve Martin
- My cat is not insane, she’s just a really good actress. – P.C. Cast
- Cats, as you know, are quite impervious to threats. – Connie Willis
- I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me. – Rudyard Kipling
- The problem with cats is that they get the same exact look whether they see a moth or an ax-murderer. – Paula Poundstone
- No matter how much the cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens. – Abraham Lincoln
- Books. Cats. Life is Good. – Edward Gorey
- If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it? – Steven Wright
- To err is human, to purr is feline. – Robert Byrne
- ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the cat. ‘We’re all mad here.’ – Lewis Carroll
- No animal has more liberty than the cat, but it buries the mess it makes. The cat is the best anarchist. – Ernest Hemingway
- Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed! – C.J. Cherryh
- Curiosity killed the cat, and satisfaction brought it back. – Eugene O’Neill
Cats aren’t the only awesome subjects for our Instagram caption library!
If you’re taking a lot of family snaps, then you definitely want to see our list of Instagram captions for cousins!
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas – unless you take a picture of it and use one of our great Instagram captions for Las Vegas!
Visiting NYC? Then you definitely need our captions for the Big Apple!
If the mouse is more your style, then you’ll want to look at our list of captions for Walt Disney World!
Did all this traveling break up your LTR? No worries – we’ve got a list of captions for your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend!