Dogs are humanity’s closest friends in the animal world, though we sometimes wonder if they’re just putting up with us. Universally referred to as “man’s best friend”, our dogs share our lives, our joys, our griefs…and our dinners. They warm us up in winter nights and remind us that nothing in life is really all that serious if you have a ball to fetch and meat on your plate. It’s no wonder that we take such pleasure in sharing our furry friends with the world. Here are a few captions to help you capture those moments with your mutt.
Humans vs. Dogs
- If my dog makes you uncomfortable, I’d be happy to lock you in the other room.
- What a beautiful world it would be if people had hearts like dogs.
- If my dog doesn’t like you, I probably won’t either.
- I like dogs better than most humans.
- No person on Earth will love you more, be more patient with your moods, and keep your secrets better than your dog.
- My dog gets treated better than some humans, because he behaves better than some humans.
- “Dogs never bite me – just humans.” – Marilyn Monroe
Cats vs. Dogs
- Dogs love you. Cats tolerate you.
- If you want a roommate, get a cat. If you want family, get a dog.
- Dogs: Better than cats since…well, forever.
- Dogs think you’re a god. Cats think they’re the gods.
For the Love of Dogs
- I want to go to dog heaven.
- Happiness is doggy kisses.
- Live. Love. Bark.
- Love is a four-legged word.
- Love is wet noses, sloppy kisses, and wagging tails.
- The road to my heart is paved with pawprints.
- Life is too short to just have one dog.
- The best therapist has fur and four legs.
- Dogs have a way of finding people who need them and filling an emptiness they didn’t know they had.
- “Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
- People who say money can’t buy you happiness, have never paid an adoption fee.
All About Rescues
- You can’t buy love, but you can rescue it.
- The best things in life are rescued.
- My family is a rescue family.
- Saving a dog will not change the whole world, but it will change that dog’s world.
- I’ll love you fur-ever.
- He’s not fat, he’s husky!
- I find dog puns rePUGnant.
- I’ve had a ruff day.
- What a mastiff waste of time.
- What’s up dog?
- He keeps hounding me for a treat!
- Every morning, I enjoy coffee and a beagle.
(Wo)Man’s best Friend
- In life, it’s not about where you go, but who goes with you.
- Everyone thinks they have the best dog, and none of them are wrong.
- They say that dogs are man’s best friend, but I say they are family.
- The more men I meet, the more I love dogs.
- Whoever said that diamonds are a girl’s best friend never had a dog.
- “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” – Orhan Pamuk
- “Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- Crazy Dog Lady
- In my home, dog hair is both a fashion accessory and a condiment.
- Money can buy a lot of things, but it doesn’t wiggle its butt every time you come to the door.
- Home is where the dog is.
- Travel with dogs for twice the adventure!
- First they steal your heart; then they steal your bed.
- “Everything I know, I learned from dogs.” – Nora Roberts
- “If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons. ” – James Thurber
- “In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.” – W. H. Auden
- “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.” – Mark Twain
- “Owning a dog is slightly less expensive than being addicted to crack.” – Jen Lancaster
- “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” – Groucho Marx
- “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I’m suspicious of people who don’t like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn’t like a person.” – Bill Murray
- “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conslusive evidence that your are wonderful.” – Ann Landers
- “People love dogs. You can never go wrong adding a dog to the story.” – Jim Butcher
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Dogs are the magicians of the universe.” – Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles de Gaulle
- “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” – Andy Rooney
- “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
- “Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies.” – Gene Hill
- “Every dog must have his day.” – Jonathan Swift
- “The more boys I meet the more I love my dog.” – Carrie Underwood
- “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven not man’s.” – Mark Twain
- “Meow” means “woof” in cat.” – George Carlin
- “We humans may be brilliant and we may be special, but we are still connected to the rest of life. No one reminds us of this better than our dogs.” – Patricia McConnell
- “Dogs are our link to paradise.” – Milan Kundera
- “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron
- “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” – Orhan Pamuk
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” – Josh Billings
- “I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.” – Cesar Millan
- “There is no faith which has never yet been broken, except that of a truly faithful dog” – Konrad Lorenz
- “You can always trust a dog that likes peanut butter.” – Kate DiCamillo
- “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” – Johnny Depp
More Dog Quotes
- “When a child is locked in the bathroom with water running and he says he’s doing nothing but the dog is barking, call 911.” — Erma Bombeck
- “Whoever said you can’t buy Happiness forgot little puppies.” — Gene Hill
- “You can say any fool thing to a dog and the dog will just give you this look that says, ‘My GOSH, you’re RIGHT! I NEVER would’ve thought of that!” — Dave Barry
- “Everything I know, I learned from dogs.” — Nora Roberts
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.” — Gilda Radner
- “When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.” — Nora Ephron
- “A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.” — John Grogan
- “My little dog—a heartbeat at my feet.” — Edith Wharton
- “You can take my heart, but I can’t let you take my dog.” — Karin Slaughter
- “Yesterday I was a dog. Today I’m a dog. Tomorrow I’ll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There’s so little hope for advancement. ” — Snoopy
- “Dogs never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation. ” — Jerome K. Jerome
- “Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear.” — Dave Barry
- “In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.” — W.H. Auden
- “A dog has one aim in life… to bestow his heart.” — J.R. Ackerley
- “If you don’t have a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” — Roger Caras
- “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” — Dean Koontz
- “Dogs come when they’re called; cats take a message and get back to you later.” — Mary Bly
- “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.” — Samuel Butler
- “When what you want is a relationship, and not a person, get a dog.” — Deb Caletti
- “A house is not a home until it has a dog.” — Gerald Durrell
- “To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.” — Aldous Huxley
- “I have a very old and very faithful attachment for dogs. I like them because they always forgive.” — Albert Camus
- “People love dogs. You can never go wrong adding a dog to the story.” — Jim Butcher
- “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” — W. Bruce Cameron
- “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven not man’s.” — Mark Twain
If these captions don’t get your puppy excited, nothing will. Time to get snapping!
Need more animal-related Instagram captions? We’ve got your back!
Here’s our list of Instagram captions for the zoo.