Thursday is probably the most controversial day of the week. On the one hand, it is really close to the weekend and amazing Friday, and has taken up residence on the calendars of the Happy Hour crowd with the festive moniker of “Thirsty Thursday.” On the other hand, the “glass half empty” crowd may see is as the most useless day, as you awaken on Thursday morning with the relaxation of the weekend in sight, but not quite there.
Thursday doesn’t change anything – it is a workday, just as Friday is a workday. Then, of course, there are the people who are reading this and considering the pros and cons of Thursday for the first time ever. Overall, people can be “classified” into three groups: those who love Thursday, those who hate it, and those who do not even know how to feel about it.
Whether Thursday is your favorite day of the week, or whether you’d almost prefer Monday, and Thursday can be improved with a little humor and some kind wishes.
Let’s look at the plus side of Thursday, for those who might need a little more convincing. Some people refer to it as “Friday Eve,” and that’s a great way to look at it. Once the mess and stress of Thursday is done, it’s smooth sailing through the final workday, and straight into your weekend plans.
We tried to find the most wonderful Thursday quotes to celebrate the almost-almost weekend, which can be used to help coworkers and friends cheer up a bit, and stay motivated to do as much as possible before the weekend. These gentle reminders that Friday is coming can help make the mood a little better for those in and out of the office, especially if they’re faced with a major deadline or project.
Some of the Thursday quotes we found are cute, some are a little kooky, and some are downright hilarious. No matter who the intended audience, you can be sure that you will find some you will appreciate a little Thursday humor. Share these awesome sayings with friends on Facebook or Twitter on Thursday morning – that will entertain those who are at work right now.
Remember, everything that almost everything that happens in our life, regardless of the day, depends on us and our actions. We can make changes at any time that can have a massive impact.
These Thursday quotes are perfect for posting to Instagram or just to send to a friend.
What is special about Thursdays?
Thursday is an underappreciated day and your followers on Instram likely could use some inspiration!
It’s the second to last day of the week so, so for many people Friday evening the start of the weekend. Thursday is the final stretch of the week leading up to the weekend.
In a sense, Thursday is like early Spring where anticipation of summer and better weather ahead fills the air with a sense of excitement and anticipation.
For many people, Thursday’s a busy day as they try to get as much done as possible so that Friday isn’t too stressful and the weekend can get started on a good note.
So keep calm, live a wonderful Thursday, get stuff done, and have gratitude that the weekend is ahead of you instead of behind you.
To inspire you on Thursday, we have compiled some quotes about the most underrated and one of the most awesome days of the week!
What are some Happy Quotes about Thursday for Instagram?
Well, well, well, we finally made it to Thursday. Our congratulations! While we might still be counting the moments until we can pack up and scoot out of the office, the finish line is in sight.
The mood is definitely higher, and regardless of any stressful customers or projects, it feels like the burden will soon be released. Saturday doesn’t seem so far away.
Once we get through “Hump Day,” the second half of the week is a downhill journey and many people feel tired on Thursday, so don’t forget to wish the people you love and care about a Happy Thursday to cheer them up!
Here are some simple messages you can include on emails, texts, or interoffice messaging to keep that hope floating:
- Happy Thursday! P.S. It’s almost Friday!
- Happy Thursday! A brand new day and you have a clean state. The possibilities are endless!
- Be in love with every minute of your life. Happy Thursday!
- Always look on the bright side of Thursday!
- Good morning, Happy Thursday, be someone’s sunshine today.
- To give and not expect anything in return, that is what lies at the heart of love. I wish you a wonderful Thursday!
- May joy and happiness accompany you throughout the day and night on this Friday Eve!
- Wishing you a very nice Thursday!
- The day is what you make it, so why not make it great one. Happy Thursday!
- It’s Thursday. I’m breathing. I’m Alive. I’m Blessed.
- One of the best things you can do on Thursday is to keep yourself held accountable for your goals.
- I’m grateful to be alive on this fine Thursday.
- Today is Thursday so I’m going to get stuff done that I’ve been procrastinating on because I don’t want to worry about it on the weekend!
Funny Quotes and Sayings about Thursday
No matter how desperately we want Thursdays to be Fridays, it’s impossible. Nice try, Thursday, but we can see through you. There’s still a lot of work left to do and, well, it’s not time to relax just yet. But there’s something you can do to make Thursdays better, and that’s approach the day with a sense of humor. Check out this set of funny quotes and sayings about Thursday, and share them with co-workers who share your sense of humor.
- Friday just called! She’ll be here tomorrow and she’s bringing wine!
- Thursdays are just wannabes. They wannabe Friday but they’re not!
- It’s Thursday… or as I like to call it… “Day 4 of the hostage situation”
- It TGIF is Thank God It’s Friday, then today must be SHIT, Sure Happy It’s Thursday.
- Thursday is my favorite day. This is when I plan how I’m going to get out of the plans I already made for the weekend.
- Happy Thursday! You’re only one day away from being two days away from doing the same work you’re doing right now!
- It’s Friday!.. Sorry, I’m practicing for tomorrow.
- — Happy Fri…
— Wait, it’s Thursday.
— Son of a… Ok, carry on.
- Dear Thursday, are you sure you’re not Friday? Cuz I could really go for it being Friday today! Nothing personal Thursday… It’s just been a long week.
- Thursdays and mornings just don’t mix. Nothing goes with mornings, tbh.
Thursday Good Morning Quotes and Messages
People who show up at the office in a terrible mood often say that it’s because they “woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” You know what? Even though this is just a phrase, it shouldn’t be a valid excuse for being rude to others. Anyways, your and other people’s good mood depends on your overall attitude towards life and the ability to be motivated under any circumstances. Bad moods are a real thing, but there’s no reason to bring down the entire office! Check the best good morning Thursday quotes out, and spread them around like wildfire. Stay positive, guys!
- Good Morning! Happy Thursday! One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.
- May your Thursday be as sweet as you are.
- Good Morning! Have a wonderful Thursday. Here’s a great big *hug* from me to you!
- No Thursday should ever be boring as long as we are together, my dearest love!
- Be happy with what you have, while working for what you want. Even on Thursday!
- One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. So here’s your Thursday morning smile!
- Good morning! Happy Thursday and Have a FABULOUS day.
- Today is Thursday! Wake up every morning HAPPY to be a child of God!
- Good morning dear friend! I wish a Happy Thursday to you!
- Bless everyone. The more you bless, the more blessed you will become. Thankful Thursday!
- Happy Thursday! Change your life today; don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.
Good Inspirational Thursday Quotes
How could we possibly ignore the chance to give you a bit of inspiration this Thursday? No one is going to argue the fact that each person finds inspiration in different things.
For some of us, family is the most important inspiration in our lives. Others might find themselves moved by music or literary pieces. Whatever your source of inspiration is, a few good quotes on Thursday can help us gain perspective and find balance. So are you with us?
- In case you have not made any plans for the weekend yet, it is Thursday. Start planning!
- Happy Thursday! Make the most of this day! Laugh, love, read, live, love, learn, play, dream! Just be happy!
- You can do anything you put your heart, mind and soul into. Far more than you can imagine. Be fearless. Do it. Wishing you a happy Thursday!
- Happy Thursday! If you can’t find inspiration today, be an inspiration!
- Today is Thursday and it is the best day of the week.
- Work hard & be proud of what you achieve. Happy Thursday!
- Some days it’s okay if all you did was breathe. Have a great Thursday!
- The weekend is in sight. Today you are so tired and dwelling on your week so far, and how Thursday will end. Remember: “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself, or treat what has happened as a gift. Everythin’.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don´t give up. “-Robert Tew
- “If you are reading this quote, it means that you have been blessed with another day; another day to give thanks; and another opportunity, through your actions and behaviors, to show love, appreciation and compassion to all those around you.” Byron Pulsifer
Hilarious Thursday Quotes about Work
The jokes about days of the week have become an inevitable part of office work culture. Whether these are jokes about dreadful Mondays, which are mainly based on hate, desperation and hopelessness, or jokes praising Fridays and Saturdays with all the good times they bring. And then there’s Thursday, who doesn’t quite get the same publicity as other days. After a little digging, though, we can assure you: the jokes about this day aren’t any less funny, just because Thursday isn’t as mainstream.
- Thursday is perhaps the worst day of the week. It’s nothing in itself; it just reminds you that the week has been going on too long. – Nicci French
- Thursday, you’re only one day away from being two days away from doing the same work you’re doing right now!
- Today is Thursday, which means I will be working really hard today to accomplish everything that needs to get done before the end of the week. And by that I really mean that I’ll be on my computer looking up fun things to do this weekend. (or memes)
- Hang on tight! It’s almost Friday!
- Today is Thursday and the only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.
- Thursday. The most useless day. it only exists as a reminder that it’s been a really long week…and it’s still not over.
- If 40 is the new 30 and 50 is the new 40, why can’t Thursday be the new Friday?
- It’s Thursday. Lets get shaken and stirred.
- Happy Day before Friday!
Awesome Motivational Thursday Quotes
If you are looking for that little push which could help you to become ready for doing great deeds, here are the quotes that can provide that extra vigor in your step as you walk into the office. Here are 12 great motivational quotes perfect for getting everything done on Thursday.
- “Thursday, I forecast as mostly sunny. It’s a much-needed break.” -John Farley
- Millions of people think, lots of people try, thousands of people get success, and only one is the champion. Prove that you are one in a million. Happy Thursday!
- Never give up trying to do what you really want to do… even if you just want to get to Friday.
- Where there is love and inspiration, you can never go wrong. Have a nice Thursday!
- Today is “Happy Thoughts” Thursday. Think happy thoughts, because you have made it through almost the whole week. You’re almost there!
- “Any morning the good Lord lets you open your eyes that’s a day He has something for you to do.”
- “Opportunities don’t just happen- you create them.” – Chris Grosser
- May the Lord bless you with good health, joy and peace! Happy Thursday!
- When you feel like giving up, like calling it quits, just try one more time – do that little bit more.
- Encourage yourself, rather than discouraging yourself.
- Be in love with every minute of your life – live every day like it’s your last.
- To find happiness focus not on what we want, rather on what we have. Happy Thursday!
Great Words for Thursday, Quote of the Day
Do you wonder what other people think of Thursdays? You’ll surprised to know that there are a lot of great words said about this day. Perhaps these are exactly those words you have been looking for– the quote that can change your whole life. Ok, maybe we exaggerated a bit, but at the very least, you, your friends, and colleagues might feel a little peppier about Thursday, right?
- “I wish you a tolerable Thursday. That’s all any of us can hope for.” – April Winchell
- It’s Thursday. I’m breathing. I’m alive. Everything’s fine.
- Thursday is one of the finest days of the week where you can relax and yet not relax too much.
- “This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.” – Douglas Adams
- Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.
- Today is Thursday, it is a new day, so expect great things!
- When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted, or take them with gratitude.
- Start your Thursday with an attitude of optimism. It’s going to be a good day!
- “And whether it is Thursday, or the day is stormy, With thunder and rain, or the birds attack each other, We have rolled into another dream.” — John Ashbery
- Make it your goal to make someone smile on this Thursday. By a small act of kindness, you could change a person’s life in a way you may not even realize.
Funny It’s Thursday Captions and Sayings
More and more people tend to share their thoughts, moods and intentions with others on social platforms like Facebook or Instagram. If you are one of them, check out the following ‘it’s Thursday’ sayings so you can write your own captions and posts to share with your network.
- Nothing screws up your Friday like realizing its Thursday.
- Happy Thursday! Sorry, but I’m saving my “Woo hoo!” for Friday.
- Some people call it Thursday, I like to call it Friday Eve.
- It’s Friday! Sorry…just practicing for tomorrow.
- It’s Thursday. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.
- It’s Thursday! I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.
- Wednesday is hump day, which makes Thursday ‘I wonder if he’ll call’ day.
- I wait until Thursday to ask people about their weekend plans so there’s a better chance they’re already busy.
- It’s day 4 of the hostage situation. In other words: it’s Thursday!
- So, Thursday, let’s make it fast and no one will get hurt. Friday is already waiting.
Positive and Encouraging Phrases for Thursday
Chances are good that you decided to visit this page in order to find something positive and encouraging to share with your team to help you all get through Thursday, and we won’t leave you hanging! Even though some of the phrases below sound too cheesy and obvious, they still work to make people feel a little less gloomy.
- Life is so much happier when you speak and act with kindness!! Share a smile and make it a great Thursday!
- Be strong, because things will get better. It may be stormy now but it never rains forever. Happy Thursday!
- Don’t worry, it’s almost Friday.
- Think positive and positive things will happen. Have a super positive Thursday!
- Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun, fall in love, regret for nothing and don’t let people bring you down! Enjoy a new day of your life! Happy Thursday!
- Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things will happen to you. Stay positive on Thursday!
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
- How many things in your life do you do without realizing that they are a waste of time? Use Thursday to take the time to eliminate time-wasters.
- “Thursday come, and the week’s gone.” – George Herbert
I Love Thursdays Cool Quotes and Messages
Team Thursday, here’s your moment to shine. Here are some of the best ideas of quotes and short messages which can help you to express your feeling towards Thursdays. You can start with, “Dear Thursday, I know it was a tough week, so please don’t let me down…” Well, maybe not, but still you have a wide range of cool quotes to express your feelings towards Thursday!
- Thursday, we like you because you sit next to Friday!
- Happy Thursday! Pay day is almost here– I can almost taste it.
- If you can stand on tiptoes, you can see Friday. There’s light at the end of the weekend tunnel!
- Good morning! It’s Thursday! Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.
- Thursday is one day closer to knowing that everything I have done through the week culminates in progress.
- I love Thursdays. A lot of good things happen on Thursdays. Thanksgiving Day, for example.
- A new day! Be open enough to see the opportunities. Be wise enough to be grateful. Be courageous enough to be happy! Happy Thursday!
- Thursday is a day to admit your mistakes and try to improve.
- Make the most of this day! Laugh, love, read, live, learn, play, dream and just be happy! Live every moment! Happy Thursday!
Positive Amusing Quotes for Thursday Night
And here it is – the Thursday evening. There’s only one working day left and you’ll be able to collapse with relief into the weekend. We highly recommend you build up a positive attitude towards Friday, so here are a few amusing quotes about Thursday night. You’ll love them!
- The only thing I throwback on Thursday is Scotch.
- Hang in there. Today is Thursday, which means that Friday is just around the corner.
- People who think Thursday is the new Friday have serious mental problems.
- Better days are just around the corner. They are called Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
- Happy Thursday! Doing the happy dance because tomorrow is Friday!
- May joy and happiness accompany you throughout day and night! Wishing you a very nice Thursday!
- Friday just called. She’ll be here tomorrow and she’s bringing the wine.
- Dear Thursday, thank you for not killing me today. Friday and I really appreciate this.
- Thursday night may be Friday night rehearsal, but Friday morning won’t say ‘Thank you’ for that.
- It’s Thursday night! It’s time to get ready for Saturday!
If you enjoyed this article, check out these other TechJunkie articles:
- Funny Wednesday Memes
- Tuesday Morning Work Quotes
- Happy Friday Quotes and Sayings
- Best Monday Motivation Quotes
Do you have any favorite quotes about Thursday to post to Instagram? If so, please leave us a comment below!