Being someone’s best friend forever is a big deal. If you have one, you can call yourself the luckiest of men. You can share the most intimate and embarrassing secrets with this person or do the craziest things together. It’s possible that your fellow knows you better than your parents. He or she is always there for you.
It is said: “A friend in need is a friend indeed”. Have you just broken up with your boyfriend/ girlfriend? Don’t worry, your bestie already knows how to cheer you up. Did you go a little bit wild at the office party last night? Be sure, that all the embarrassing moments have been downloaded on YouTube by your humble servant. But no matter what you do, you can be sure that your pal will always stand by your side. Did you know that there’s even National Best Friends Day which is celebrated on June 8th? Of course, it doesn’t mean that this is the only day in a calendar to say kind words to your mate.
So, are you looking for an interesting friendship caption for your Instagram pictures? Or maybe you’ve been searching for famous quotes about friendship but couldn’t find? Do you want to celebrate Friendiversary with your bestie? Is there a chance that you are planning to propose a toast at your BFF’s wedding? Whatever your reason for visiting this page is, be sure that you are in the right place. We have a wide range of inspirational friendship quotes and sayings for your best friend as well as touching short ‘I love my best friend’ quotes.
Take our advice. Throw a party to bestie and don’t forget to say how much you love him/her with the help of good quotations on friendship!
Cool BFF Quotes
You may have never thought of this, but all of us spend a great deal of our time building relationships with people. It goes without saying that friends and friendship in general take a vital part in life of any person. You probably don’t remember the name of your kindergarten teacher, but you can recall who your best friend was back in the time you were in a kindergarten. What’s more, this kid may still be your best buddy. So take your chance and tell your BFF how much you value his presence in your life with the help of cool quotes.
- “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
- “God made us best friends because he knew our mom couldn’t handle us as sisters.” – Author Unknown
- Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected. Charles Lamb
- “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.”– Gloria Naylor
- “A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face.”
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”-Martin Luther King Jr.
- Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.- Len Wein
- The language of friendship is not words but meanings. Henry David Thoreau
- “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.”-Aristotle
- “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
- “God made us best friends because he knew our mom couldn’t handle us as sisters.” – Author Unknown
Cute Quotes about love and friendship
Love and friendship: some of us can’t find the difference between these two notions, others firmly believe that where love is, there can’t be friendship and vice versa. Yeah, we know, it sounds silly, but there are such people. Anyways, since love has a lot of meanings and it really can be of different kinds – we have the right to assume that friendship is love. Ok, if you want to figure out what we mean, just read a few cute quotes about love and friendship.
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “A true friend would die for you, so when you start trying to count them on one hand, you don’t need any fingers.” – Larry Flynt
- “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” – Euripides
- True love is finding your soul mate in your best friend.
- “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” ― Elie Wiesel
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
- Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice.-Otto von Bismarck
- Friends are like walls, sometimes you lean on them and sometimes it’s good just knowing they’re there.
- “Friendship is a word, the very sight of which in print makes heart warm.” – Augustine Birrell
- Love is flower like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Inspiring Sayings for Your Best Friend
Who doesn’t like compliments? Well, we’re not asking whether a person knows how to accept them or not, it is a completely different question. Let’s take you… Do you like hearing nice words about yourself? Do you like when somebody tells you how beautiful, and smart, and funny you are? We bet you do and so does your best friend. That’s why we’ve got a few inspiring sayings which would be a perfect addition to any compliment you have prepared for your best friend.
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
- “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.”-Jim Henson
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”― Muhammad Ali
- “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.”-Oscar Wilde
- “Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I to my friends.” —Virginia Woolfe
- A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.- Leo Buscaglia
- “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.”-Thomas J. Watson
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. Walter Winchell
- Of all possessions a friend is the most precious. Herodotus
Say “I Love my Best Friend” with Awesome Quotes
Isn’t it great to find true love in your best friend? If you find it hard to express everything you feel towards this person, be sure that these awesome quotes won’t fail. May them say, ‘I love you my best friend’ for you.
- You have been my friend through thick and thin. I cannot imagine life without you. I love you, my friend!
- Side by side or miles apart real friends are always close to the heart.
- “Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.” – Author Unknown
- Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend. Bill Watterson
- Friendship at first sight, like love at first sight, is said to be the only truth. – Herman Melville
- Never let your best friends get lonely… keep disturbing them.
- Best friends: they know how crazy you are but still choose to be seen in public with you.
- We are going to be best friends forever… besides you already know too much.
Funny Best Friend Quotes for Girls
They say, laughter is the best medicine. Well, we couldn’t agree more. So, ladies, if your dear bestie is sad for some reason, don’t hesitate, send her one of these wonderful funny quotes which only girls best friends can understand. Boys aren’t allowed to read this paragraph!) We’re kidding or… are we?
- There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. -Linda Grayson
- We’ve been friends for so long I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.
- Friends give you a shoulder to cry on. But best friends are ready with a shovel to hurt the person that made you cry.-Unknown
- I hope we’re good friends until we die, then I hope we can stay ghost friends, walk through walls and scare people.
- Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’ -Cookie Monster
- Good friends don’t let you do stupid things… alone.
- If you have crazy friends you have everything you’ll ever need.
- Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
- Friends buy you food. Best friends eat your food.
The Most Inspirational Friendship Quotes
What is friendship for you? Does it mean discussing the movie you’ve watched recently or sharing the same tastes in music and stuff? Well, it’s something more than that, right? Friendship has many incarnations and faces, but the most important thing is, all of them look at you. For more inspirational things, read the next friendship quotes:
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”— Helen Keller
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. -Oprah Winfrey
- The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple? Eugene Kennedy
- A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. Arnold H. Glasow
- Friends are like rainbows, always there to cheer you up after a storm.
- Knowledge cannot replace friendship. I’d rather be an idiot than lose you. – Patrick to Spongebob
- A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.-Bernard Meltzer
- “Dear George: Remember no man is a failure who has friends.”— It’s a Wonderful Life
- “True friends say good things behind your back and bad things to your face.” – Author Unknown
- “As in cases of wine that improve with age, the oldest friendships ought to be the most delightful.” – Author Unknown
Catchy Best Friends Forever Quotes
Though it might be a bit subjective, but as for us these quotes, explaining the point of being someone’s best friend forever, are the ones that deserve to be called ‘catchy’. Why these quotes? Check them out and find out!
- “Best friends can turn a horrible day into one of the best days of your life.” – Nathanael Richmond
- “We need at least one friend who understands what we do not say.” – Author Unknown
- “We are best friends. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up…after I finish laughing.” – Author Unknown
- “Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know that they are there.” – Author Unknown
- You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job. Laurence J. Peter
- True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.
- Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends? – Abraham Lincoln
- Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.-Sicilian Proverb
- If you love a friend, let them go. If they come back with coffee, it was meant to be.
The Variety of Good Quotations on Friendship
If those quotes about friendship that you’ve already checked out are not enough for you, (the sound of drumming) it’s not all. A great variety of nice sayings is waiting for you below:
- “The most valuable gift you can receive is an honest friend.” ― Stephen Richards
- True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.
- The road to a friend’s house is never too long! – Danish Proverb
- A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
- It is one of the severest tests of friendship to tell your friend his faults. So to love a man that you cannot bear to see a stain upon him, and to speak painful truth through loving words, that is friendship. Henry Ward Beecher
- Good friends are like stars, you can’t always see them but you know they’re there.
- The best time to make friends is before you need them. – Ethel Barrymore
- “No friendship is an accident.” ― O. Henry, Heart of the West
- “Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.”-Washington Irving
Great Ideas for BFF Quotes
BFF, BBF, pal, buddy, my partner in crime – no matter how you call your best friend, he or she is the only person you can trust your secrets, tell the stupidest jokes, share your fears with and a bunch of other stuff you can do only with this person. And it’s GREAT, because that’s what makes your friendship so special. So, don’t be afraid to say ‘thank you’ to your bestie, especially when you have some great BFF quotes to choose from for this purpose.
- “That was the thing about best friends. Like sisters and mothers, they could piss you off and make you cry and break your heart, but in the end, when the chips were down, they were there, making you laugh even in your darkest hours.” – Kristin Hannah
- “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend”. – Faye Hall
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “That’s the problem with best friends. Sometimes they know you better than you know yourself.” – Cecily von Ziegesar
- I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. -Robert Brault
- One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives. – Euripides
- “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said “I’m here for you”, and proved it.”
- Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
- Best friend: the one you can only get mad at for a short period, because you have important stuff to tell them.
Friendly quotes about Special Person
Do we really need to tell you about the importance of being friendly? Be ready to help, be supportive, be understanding, be loving and sympathetic – all of these qualities and a lot more other things make you a good friend and overall a good person. You’ll learn more in the following quotes on being friendly, which you might share with a special person of yours.
- One never reaches home, but wherever friendly paths intersect the whole world looks like home for a time. Hermann Hesse
- It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Friendly people are caring people, eager to provide encouragement and support when needed most. – Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- Have convictions. Be friendly. Stick to your beliefs as they stick to theirs. Work as hard as they do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Be friendly to everyone. Those who deserve it the least need it the most. – Bo Bennett
- The rule of friendship means there should be mutual sympathy between them, each supplying what the other lacks and trying to benefit the other, always using friendly and sincere words. Marcus Tullius Cicero
- How friendly all men would be one with another, if no regard were paid to honour and money! I believe it would be a remedy for everything. – Saint Teresa of Avila
- To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.– Brandi Snyder
- Friends are chocolate chips in the cookie of life!
The Most Famous Quotes about Friendship
Every single person in this world has a friend. For some of us it’s someone from a close circle of people or a family member, for other it can be a pet, there are also people who can call every living creature their friends. The chances are you’ve already read these famous quotes on friendship before, but they are so great that it won’t do any harm to read them one more time. Enjoy!
- “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them” – C.S. Lewis
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”― William Shakespeare
- “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” — Albert Camus
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. – Jim Morrison
- “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” – Orson Welles
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”-Amy Poehler
- Friends… they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams. Henry David Thoreau
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”— C.S. Lewis
- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
- A friend is a gift you give yourself. Robert Louis Stevenson
Amazing Quotes about Friends with Deep Meaning
Friends are the best gifts a life can present us with. And it doesn’t matter if you can single out just a few close friends or you’re lucky enough and sociable enough to be a good friend for a dozen of people, what is more important is that you have friends. Don’t keep it a secret the way you feel towards your friends – tell them how much you love them with these amazing quotes with deep meaning.
- Friends are God’s way of taking care of us.
- A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.
- A friend is what the heart needs all the time. – Henry Van Dyke
- “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.”
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
- “True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.”
- Some friends are like the wind, some are like mountains. They come in and breeze out of your life, or they are there for a lifetime.
- I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. Plutarch
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. – Khalil Gibran
- Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said “I’m here for you”, and proved it.
Wise Quotes on True Friendship
We are used to believing that those who lived one hundred or a thousand years ago know nothing about us, modern people. Well, yeah, there’s some truth is that, but, believe it or not, in terms of feelings we haven’t changed much. We fall in love with people, we make friends with them just as previous generations did. So why not take a piece of their wisdom and read a few quotes to get to know what they thought of true friendship.
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” – Thomas Aquinas
- Friendship is one mind in two bodies. – Mencius
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”– Walter Winchell
- There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met. William Butler Yeats
- Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives. Alexandre Dumas
- The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship. William Blake
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.” – Len Wein
That’s a pretty exhaustive list, so hopefully you found a quote or caption you can use for an Instagram share, a Facebook post, or anything else you might need to write something for online. Of course, we have plenty of other quotes and captions that you can find online, perfect for sharing with social media. If you are saying goodbye to a best friend before they move away, check out our list of the best captions for that sad situation. Meanwhile, if you’re looking to apologize to the special someone in your life, check out this list right here.