When somebody who has an important place in your life is moving away, your entire world feels like it is collapsing—especially if this person is your best friend! It’s difficult to accept the fact that the person who has been with you for a long time, is leaving your life. Of course, your duty as a friend is to celebrate your friend, and the best way to do that is with an Instagram post. Your friendship is a very valuable and delicate thing, so you have no right to ignore the memories of the time you spend together! Whether you’re posting a celebratory image, or you’re trying to write out a long speech about your friend, these are the best quotes for Instagram for when your friends are leaving.
Cute Farewell Quotes for Friends
There might quite a few reasons why people have to leave the place they were born in, grew up, fell in love for the first time and found the best friends. Though it’s tough to go through the period of saying goodbye when one of your friends is leaving, you have to keep in mind that it’s not forever and you’ll see each other again sooner or later. But as for now it’s important for you to be supportive, so take a look at the following cute farewell quotes you can use to support friends who are about to hit the road.
- Look for the rainbow in every storm, fly like an angel, good-bye my friend! I know you’re gone, but I can still feel you here.
- The way I see it, A GOODBYE just means that A HELLO will be coming soon. I hope to meet you again someday.
- I feel very lucky to know someone who is so hard for me to say goodbye.
- Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, though somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.
- “It feels right. But it’s emotional. Saying goodbye to anything you’ve done that long is hard.” – Angela Ruggiero
- Don’t cry because you are leaving, smile because you were there.
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation. – Rumi
Goodbye Quotes about Friendship
One shouldn’t underestimate the power of true friendship. Things like distance can’t break what has been building for so long. Don’t you agree? Your bestie is going to live somewhere else, far away from you and you have to say goodbye to him/her, but it doesn’t mean that you, guys, stop being friends. Tell your friend that you will always be there for them if needed with the help of beautiful quotes about friendship.
- Our friendship is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Talking to you made me smile and meeting you set me free. I can’t believe that fate is taking you away and ripping us apart. I just want to say that I will miss you from the bottom of my heart. Goodbye.
- Just like you don’t forget the tune when a song fades out and stops playing, I will never forget the priceless memories of our friendship, even though you are going away.
- No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying Goodbye so hard.
- We started with a simple hello, but ended with a complicated goodbye.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. – Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes about Leaving Friends to Say Goodbye
We are used to accepting goodbyes as something painful and terrifying, and of course, all of the goodbyes can be described in that way to some extent. But there’s no need to say goodbye forever, if there are such words as “see you soon.” If a friend of yours is leaving tomorrow, you need to understand that it’s twice as hard for him/her. So try keeping your farewell positive. For this purpose we’ve collected a few nice quotes.
- When leaving, good friends never say goodbye, they simply say “see you soon”.
- True friends don’t say goodbye, they just take extended leaves of absences from each other.
- If there ever comes a day, where we cannot be together, keep me in your heart. I`ll stay there forever.
- Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it`s to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind. Goodbye!
- Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. – Richard Bach
- What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from
- The hardest part of loving someone is saying goodbye..
Short Verses for Leaving Friends
If you know that a friend who is leaving is passionate about poetry, why not write him a farewell post on Instagram or Facebook with one of the heart-touching short verses to say how much you’re gonna miss him?
The world will come to an end,
As I say goodbye to my friend.
But I know I’ll pull through this pain,
Because I know, we’ll meet again.
You and I will meet again,
When we’re least expecting it,
One day in some far off place,
I will recognize your face,
I won’t say goodbye my friend,
For you and I will meet again.
I know we’ll meet again.
Not sure quite where and
I don’t know just when.
You’re in my heart, so until then
It’s time for saying goodbye.
Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean “I`ll miss you”
Until we meet again!
Excuse me, then!
you know my heart;
But dearest friends,
alas! must part.
By John Gay
We’ve shared our happiness
and we’ve shared our fears.
We’ve shared so many things throughout the years.
And when the times were hard
we were by each other’s side.
You were there to make me laugh when I cried.
By Missy Ulbrich
Memories last forever,
never do they die.
Friends stay together,
never say goodbye.
By Melina Campos
Don’t worry, my friend we are moving apart,
But our friendship is deep rooted in my heart
I have to take one path,
While you pursue another
But we will meet soon,
Let’s promise each other.
Touching Goodbye Letter to a Friend
It’s completely understandable that a short message won’t be able to express everything you are going through right now when a close friend is leaving. Using social media, you can turn your letter into a public display of affection with some of the quotes we’ve listed below.
- Farewell to you now, my friend. Yes, I am sad and yes, I will miss you, but I know that you are going to be happy wherever you go and that thought makes me happy too.
- Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that’s how I’ll remember you. If you can only remember me in sadness and tears, then don’t remember me at all. Goodbye, my friend!
- A memory lasts forever, will never die. True friends stay together and never say goodbye.
- I know we’ll be friends for life, sharing our dreams together. As we walk down the road. we’ll never think twice. Those memories are made to last forever and though we’re off to different worlds we’re still together because deep within our heart they will never fade. Goodbye, my dear friend!
- To my friends who will be going far away, just know that you will always be in the back of my mind, wrapped around in countless memories. There will not be a day where I won’t catch myself daydreaming about the times we spent together. I am grateful that we have many ways to communicate, but I know it won’t be the same as seeing you all in person.
- Whether we are near or far, the times we shared will always be in my heart.
Saying goodbye is hard, but I know it won’t be forever.
Someone who will miss you all.
Samples of Quotes for Best Friend about Moving Away
Being someone’s best friend doesn’t mean only going to the movies together or having long conversations over phone. Being a true friend means that happiness of your friend is more important for you. And so if he/she has to leave, try to understand that there must be some good reasons for this and simply try to walk in your friend’s shoes. Whining and asking your friend not to leave isn’t the best option. You’d better read the a few quotes from the list below and learn some important things about saying goodbye in a proper way.
- It may be hard to say goodbye to a friend, but the ‘GOOD’ with it is a promise of something better.
Though it’s only been a short while
I’ve never had a friend like you
But soon you will be leaving me
And I don’t know what to do
Your love and understanding
Have brought me a new hope
I wish that I could keep you here
Tied to me with a rope
- Saying goodbye to a true friend is really tough. But I bid you goodbye with the hope that we would meet again one day.
- A strong friendship doesn`t need daily conversation, doesn`t always need togetherness, as long as the relationship lives in the heart, a true friend will never apart. Goodbye, my dear friend!
- But fate ordains that dearest friends must part. – Edward Young
- What is that feeling when you’re driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? – it’s the too-huge world vaulting us, and it’s good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.
- A good-bye is never painful unless you’re never going to say hello again.
Parting Words for Friends to Say When You Leave
If it’s you who need to move away and the quotes you’ve already read don’t fit your situation, scroll down and you’ll find what to say to your close friends at your farewell party. Parting isn’t something pleasant, we know, but it teaches us a lot of things and helps us to tell who is a real friend and who’s not.
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
- It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.
- Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We’ll take the best, forget the rest, and someday will find that these are the best of times.
- This is not a goodbye, my dear friend, this is a thank you.
- Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would I’d never leave.” – A.A. Milne
- “Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.” – George Eliot
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. – Mahatma Gandhi
- True love is when you have to watch a friend leave, with the knowledge that you might never see him again. But you know he’ll be in your mind and heart forever.
Quotes about Saying Goodbye to Your Best Friend
Seeing your friends leaving is hard, but seeing your best friend leaving is million times harder. So it’s very important to find the proper words to write in a farewell card. We know that the quotes below won’t be enough for you to express everything you feel right now towards your BFF, but at least they can inspire you to put your thoughts into words.
- Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.
- Never say goodbye to your friends because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.
- Goodbye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and there you will always be.
- Don’t be dismayed at saying goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
- Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. – Henry David Thoreau
- The return makes one love the farewell. – Alfred de Musset
- True friends don’t say good-bye, they just take extended leaves of absences from each other.
Farewell Message to Send a Friend
Unless your plan is to write a long descriptive goodbye letter to your friend, a short farewell message is exactly what you need. Choose from the ideas below and add something from yourself to make the message more personal. Phrases like, ‘can’t wait to see you again’ or it’s formal variant ‘looking forward to seeing you’ won’t hurt too.
- And as you move on, remember me, remember us and all we used to be
- It may be time to say goodbye. But always remember our special moments. Sharing them with you makes it all worthwhile.
- We used to be two strangers, then we became friends. Now that we are friends I hope we will never become two strangers again, even if we are now miles apart.
- We have known each other our whole lives and now we will go our separate ways. Some will remember and some will forget each other, but we will always have a part of each other inside us.
- A farewell is necessary before we can meet again, and meeting again after moments or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends.
- I cannot say goodbye to those whom I have grown to love, for the memories we have made will last a lifetime, and will never know a goodbye.
- It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure. – Ernie Harwell
Beautiful Quotes about Moving Away for Friends
We’ve already said a lot about all of the hardships of saying goodbye to friends who are moving away. But look on the bright side: if there were no farewells, friends wouldn’t cherish much the precious moments when they can share each other’s company. So, yes, you say ‘goodbye’ today, but you’ll say ‘hello’ tomorrow, or in a year, or in twenty years from now. Our point is, friendship doesn’t know words like ‘time’ and ‘distance’.
The time soon comes for parting,
And our time is at an end.
The rest of your life is starting,
And we have no time at all to spend.
You had your shining moments,
Upon this life’s darkened stage,
And in my book of wonderments
You’ll never be just another page..
- I like the feeling of finding it difficult to say goodbye to someone, who is moving away because it only means that I have found a true friend.
- I’d always thought we’d be friends forever. Well, forever just got a lot shorter than I expected.
- Feeling sad to leave doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go.
- When you part from your friend, you grieve not. For that which you love in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is cleaner from the plain. – Kahlil Gibran
- The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye…until we meet again. -Jimi Hendrix
- So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good. – Helen Keller
- Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.- Ritu Ghatourey
We Will Miss You Quotes for Friends
When saying goodbye to friends who are moving to a new city or even country, always remember that this goodbye is a lot harder for them. Why? Because they can’t be aware of everything that is waiting for them in a new place and it scares them. So be understanding, supportive and let them know how much you miss them. That being said, the quotes below will be your best choice, trust us.
- When the sun says goodbye to earth, it leaves a beautiful sunset as a gift. When friends say goodbye to each other, they leave mementos of everlasting and priceless memories. Goodbye, my friend! We will miss you!
- You might be ready to say goodbye to us, but we’re not ready to say goodbye to you. We will miss you!
- It’s time to move on and scale new heights. But we wish that you don’t forget the old friends who have loved you always. We will miss you!
- No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth. – Robert Southey
- If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. – Paulo Coelho
- I feel like I don’t need to say goodbye, I just have this feeling like I’ll see you again.
- Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you until we meet again.