Depression is a serious issue. Along with anxiety, it has increasing rates in the United States. It is hard to get out of the slump of the bad mood, but hopefully these quotes can give you a new look on the situation.
These are some inspiraional depression quotes that can give you a different look on depression. There is always someone out there for you, but you have to reach out first.
Here are 18+ quotes on depression, with images.
- “When people don’t know exactly what depression is, they can be judgmental.” – Marion Cotillard
- “I didn’t want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that’s really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you’re so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare.” – Ned Vizzini, It’s Kind of a Funny Story
- “Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say “My tooth is aching” than to say “My heart is broken.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
- “Depression is the most unpleasant thing I have ever experienced. . . . It is that absence of being able to envisage that you will ever be cheerful again. The absence of hope. That very deadened feeling, which is so very different from feeling sad. Sad hurts but it’s a healthy feeling. It is a necessary thing to feel. Depression is very different.” ― J.K. Rowling
- “One swallow does not make a summer, neither does one fine day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy.” ― Aristotle, The Nicomachean Ethics
- “You’re like a grey sky. You’re beautiful, even though you don’t want to be.” ― Jasmine Warga, My Heart and Other Black Holes
- “Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression.” ― Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle
- “You don’t have to live a lie. Living a lie will mess you up. It will send you into depression. It will warp your values.” – Gilbert Baker
- “The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud — the obstacles of life and its suffering… ― Goldie Hawn
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ― Amit Ray, Om Chanting and Meditation
- “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” ― Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
- “A melancholy-looking man, he had the appearance of one who has searched for the leak in life’s gas-pipe with a lighted candle.” ― P.G. Wodehouse, The Man Upstairs and Other Stories
- Crying is one of the highest devotional songs. One who knows crying, knows spiritual practice. If you can cry with a pure heart, nothing else compares to such a prayer. Crying includes all the principles of Yoga.” ― Kripalvanandji
Buddha was born in Guatama Siddhartha. He was a philosopher and spiritual leader that many found peace from. His wisdom formed Buddism and from there many found their spiritual journey.
He lived and taught within the 6th-4th century of B.C. but his teaching are still taught and respected today.
Here are the best Buddha quotes!
- “Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.”
- “Give, even if you only have a little.”
- “Those who cling to perceptions and views wander the world offending people.”
- “I will not look at another’s bowl intent on finding fault: a training to be observed.”
- “Should a person do good, let him do it again and again. Let him find pleasure therein, for blissful is the accumulation of good.”
- “Delight in heedfulness! Guard well your thoughts!”
- “Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course.”
- “Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. This is a law eternal.”
- “Better it is to live one day seeing the rise and fall of things than to live a hundred years without ever seeing the rise and fall of things.”
- “If a man going down into a river, swollen and swiftly flowing, is carried away by the current — how can he help others across?”
- “Ardently do today what must be done. Who knows? Tomorrow, death comes.”
- “Resolutely train yourself to attain peace.”
- “All tremble at violence; all fear death. Putting oneself in the place of another, one should not kill nor cause another to kill.”
- “Just as the great ocean has one taste, the taste of salt, so also this teaching and discipline has one taste, the taste of liberation.”
- “As an elephant in the battlefield withstands arrows shot from bows all around, even so shall I endure abuse.”
- “The root of suffering is attachment.”
- “As a water bead on a lotus leaf, as water on a red lily, does not adhere, so the sage does not adhere to the seen, the heard, or the sensed.”
These zen quotes will give you peace and comfort from this crazy world. With everything we have going on around us right now, it is important to create a peaceful space and mind so that we remain a light among the darkness.
These quotes can help you get into the headspace you need to be happy. Share them with those around you and spread the peace.
Here are zen quotes that will bring you peace 🙂
- Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. ― Dalai Lama
- Those who are awake, live in a state of constant amazement. ― Buddha
- Life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to sea and sink. ― Shunryu Suzuki
- Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day. ― Dalai Lama
- Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind. ― Zen Proverb
- Respect life, revere life. There is nothing more holy than life, nothing more divine than life. ― Osho
- The trouble is, you think you have time. ― Buddha
- We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want. ― Lao Tzu
- The purpose of our lives is to be happy. ― Dalai Lama
- If you realize you have enough, you are truly rich. ― Lao Tzu
- When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. ― Zen Proverb
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. ― Dalai Lama
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely. ― Buddha
- When you think everything is someone else fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy. ― Dalai Lama
- Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ― Lao Tzu
- The most important point is to accept yourself and stand on your two feet. ― Shunryu SuzukiWhen walking, walk. When eating, eat. ― Zen Proverb
- Act without expectation. ― Lao Tzu
- Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion. ― Buddha
Yay!! Engagements are so exciting!!! If you just got engaged, I am so so happy for you and good luck with everything!
Being engaged is a big task on its own with starting to plan a whole wedding. But you are covered with finding the perfect Instagram caption idea. Here are plenty of ideas and no worries because I know you will like at least one.
Take a look at these cute, fun Instagram captions for engagements 🙂
- Traveling from Miss to Mrs.
- Keep calm and just say “I do.”
- “Diamonds are forever.” — Shirley Bassey
- I always knew you were my soulmate.
- “I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- I can’t keep calm, I’m getting married.
- Finally, I have someone who took my hand, opened my mind and touched my heart. Just got engaged to my happily ever after.
- “No measure of time with you will be enough. But let’s start with forever.” — Stephanie Meyer
- We’re getting married (!!!!)
- My soulmate.
- I have found someone who stole my heart and gave his to me.
- He stole my heart, so I’m stealing his last name.
- It’s only the beginning…
- My person… for life.
- I said hell yes!
- An engagement marks the end of a whirlwind romance and the beginning of an eternal love story.
- Two souls, one heart.
- It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
- This is the next page of our love story.
- If my heart is the sky, it is now engaged to the most precious star.
- Now you’re stuck with me forever and always.
- I found the one whom my soul loves.
- Engaged sure has a nice ring to it.
- Every time I think I know the reason why you’re the one, you give me another reason to add to the list.
- Our road starts here.
- “All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” — Ed Sheeran
- Meet my forever valentine.
- When life gets more sparkly.
- I have found someone who stole my heart and gave his own to me.
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.” — Moulin Rouge
- “Hey baby, I think I want to marry you.” — Bruno Mars
- Dreams do come true. I found you.
- Engagement advice: make sure the ring is really tight so it can never be taken off!
- To my hubby to be: get ready to pay for two tickets to watch one movie.
We all love our families…well most of us. They can be embarrassing, obnoxious, and loud. Which sometimes makes us not want to post.
But these caption ideas give all the crazy families a reason to post. There is no reason to be ashamed of them because we all know you are one of them.
Embrace the weird and crazy, take one of the caption ideas, and post about your wonderful family.
Here are 10 Instagram caption ideas for families.
- Your family is the best team you could ever have.
- Capture the moment. It lives forever.
- Families are like fudge: mostly sweet, with lots of nuts.
- The family is not just an important thing, It is everything.
- Our family is just one tent away from a full-blown circus.
- As far as anyone else knows, we’re a nice, normal family.
- Living within a family makes all members confined and protected from outside conflicts.
- In our family we don’t hide crazy…we put it on the porch and give it a cocktail!
- You call it chaos. We call it family.
- The values of the family will collision on a rising child within a society.
For all those lovely dates you’ve been going on, your person deserves the right caption. The fancy night out or the cozy night in, the caption ideas are here for you to use.
Your couple picture will pair great with one of these captions, so pick your favorite and show off your man 🙂
Here are some Instagram caption ideas for date night!
- “Only a date with you can convince me to shave my legs.”
- “Thanks for never asking me for a bite of my dinner.”
- “‘Next dinner is on me.’ — Me after every date night”
- “Knowing how to flirt < Buying me dessert”
- “It’s so sexy when you tip 20%.”
- “Find yourself someone who’s always willing to ask the server for a second bread basket.”
- “You like my hair? Gee thanks, just got an overpriced blowout for date night.”
- “I’m wearing the smile you gave me.”
- “Every night feels like date night when I’m with you.”
- “No matter what restaurant you pick for date night, I’ll always pick you.”
- “‘I live for nights like these when you ain’t nobody but you and I’m just me.’ — Neyo”
- “‘I see nobody but you.’ – The Weeknd”
- “‘In case you didn’t know, baby, I’m crazy ’bout you.’ — Brett Young”
- “‘You could have my heart or we could share it like the last slice.’ — Drake”
- “‘I don’t need no vacation, no fancy destination. Baby, you’re my great escape.’ — Thomas Rhett”
Humanity is something we should all try to have. Being humane in our actions and mind is very difficult. It includes being compassionate, gracious, generous, and sympathetic in our being.
Hopefully, these quotes will inspire you to be a more humane minded person 🙂
- “People have become educated but have not become human.” – Abdul Sattar Edhi
- “Be kind to all creatures.” – Buddha
- “You must not lose faith in humanity” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Politeness is the flower of humanity.” – Joseph Joubert
- “Being human is given. But keeping our humanity is a choice.” – Anonymous
- “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.” –Dalai Lama
- “I hope that people will finally come to realize that there is only one ‘race’ – the human race – and that we are all members of it.” – Margaret Atwood
- “Those who teach the most about humanity, aren’t always humans.” – Donald L. Hicks
- “Humanity, take a good look at yourself, inside. You’re a world – everything is hidden in you.” – Hildegard of Bingen
- “Let’s not lose hope in humanity, instead live to help others. We can make a difference.” – Anonymous
- “Love is the crowning grace of humanity, the holiest right of the soul, the golden link which binds us to duty and truth, the redeeming principle that chiefly reconciles the heart to life.” – Anonymous
- “Find the sweetness in your own heart, then you may find the sweetness in every heart.” – Rumi
- “Whoso lives for humanity must be content to lose himself.” – Octavius Brooks Frothingham
- “We are all connected. When one arm or foot is poisoned, the whole body becomes infected.” – Suzy Kassem
- “In a gentle way you can shake the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Death is hard for everyone. And everyone deals with it differently. All different way of looking at death as a living being, but here are some of the most inspiring way to look at death.
Given some of the smartest, well thought people are in this article, these ideas are a very good way at looking at death. Either in a good or bad way, but new ideas always bring new inspiration.
Here are 20 inspirational quotes on death!
- It’s not that I’m afraid to die, I just don’t want to be there when it happens. Woody Allen
- Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all. Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- It is natural to die as to be born. Francis Bacon
- Death is just nature’s way of telling you to slow down. Dick Sharples
- It is impossible that anything so natural, so necessary, and so universal as death, should ever have been designed by providence as an evil to mankind. Jonathan Swift
- No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow. Euripides
- How people die remains in the memory of those who live on. Dame Cicely Saunders
- There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval. The dark background which death supplies brings out the tender colours of life in all their purity. George Santayana
- Many people die at twenty five and aren’t buried until they are seventy five. Benjamin Franklin
- After your death you will be what you were before your birth. Arthur Schopenhauer
- Death, they say, acquits us of all obligations. Michel Eyquem de Montaigne
- All that live must die, passing through nature to eternity. William Shakespeare
- When you’ve told someone that you’ve left them a legacy the only decent thing to do is to die at once. Samuel Butler
- “Death is nature’s way of saying, ‘Your table is ready.” Robin Williams
- “The connections we make in the course of a life–maybe that’s what heaven is.” Fred Rogers
- “The truth I have been seeking — this truth is Death. Yet Death is also a seeker. Forever seeking me. So — we have met at last. And I am prepared. I am at peace.” Bruce Lee
- “Unable are the Loved to die / For Love is Immortality…” Emily Dickinson
- “I’ve been there for a couple of people when they were dying; it didn’t look like fun. But if I was gonna do it, I’d want someone like me around. And I will be there!” Carrie Fisher
- “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” Chuck Palahniuk
- “No one here gets out alive.” Jim Morrison
These quotes will make you think. they can give you a new perspective on thoughts that you wouldn’t have thought of on your own.
Keep an open mind and give them a read!
The various ideas and thoughts will make your brain do the work. But hopefully it will give your life a new special meaning.
Here are 15 quotes that will make you think 🙂
- “There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.” Seneca
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” Helen Keller
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”Maya Angelou
- “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.”Winnie the Pooh
- “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.”Stacey Charter
- “The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” Stephanie Perkins
- “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.”Marcel Pagnol
- “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap. If you want happiness for a day — go fishing. If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” Chinese Proverb
- “On a deeper level you are already complete. When you realize that, there is a playful, joyous energy behind what you do.” Eckhart Tolle
- “Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.” Joseph Campbell
- “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” Soren Kierkegaard
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” James Baldwin
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” Arthur Ashe
- “If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six hours sharpening my ax.” Abraham Lincoln
The best quotes of all time spoke from the best people of all time. There is a reason that these inspirational people said these quotes…because they believe it.
Their great examples can show us the way through trials and tribulations, or just give us inspiration on life.
Life is a gift and we are so grateful to have it, these people definitely realized that and took advantage of the time they had o earth. These are their inspiration in life and the best quotes of all time.
- “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Elanor Roosevelt
- “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
- “Few things can help an individual more than to place responsibility on him, and to let him know that you trust him.” – Booker T. Washington
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Hellon Keller
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
- “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” – Dalai Lama
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” – Grandma Moses
- “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” – Zig Ziglar
- “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Do, or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
Do you have an Instagram fitness profile, or post about your athletic journey? Sometimes to post your favorite workout pick, it might be hard to decide what to put as the caption.
I always find myself says, is this too cheesy? Can anyone understand this? Well if you ask the same questions you are in luck!
These are some great ideas to add to your awesome fitness post. These could also inspire you to write more on that certain topic, but just the caption alone is perfect as well.
Here are 40 new Instagram captions for athletes.
- Winners never quit and quitters never win.
- You can do it.
- I couldn’t find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Champions keep playing until they get it right.
- Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.
- Show me a gracious loser and I’ll show you a failure.
- A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.
- Losing feels worse than winning feels good.
- You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going.
- The biggest thrill wasn’t in winning on Sunday but in meeting the payroll on Monday.
- It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game.
- The secret to winning is constant, consistent management.
- I’m a mad dog whose only concern is winning.
- I’m never tired of winning, and I’m never tired of skiing.
- Just keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it.
- In the end, the game comes down to one thing: man against man. May the best man win.
- The strength of the group is the strength of the leaders.
- Luck? Sure. But only after long practice and only with the ability to think under pressure.
- If you don’t invest very much, then defeat doesn’t hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.
- In the 8th inning, you can’t hear the roar of the 9th. All you can do to hold yourself together, and trust.
- I celebrate a victory when I start walking off the field. By the time I get to the locker room, I’m done.
- Fans never fall asleep at our games because they’re afraid they might get hit with a pass.
- Even if you are on the right track… You’ll get run over if you just sit there!
- When you’re riding, only the race in which you’re riding is important.
- A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.
- One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it.
- Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss.
- It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.
- I’ve learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.
- Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.
- Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.
- Good is not good when better is expected.
- You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.
- Sports serve society by providing vivid examples of excellence.
- The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.
- When you win, say nothing, when you lose, say less.
- Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.
- Your biggest opponent isn’t the other guy. It’s human nature.
- If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way not to win.
Instagram is a perfect way in this new world to grow a business. No matter big or small your posts still need to be made to perfection. Thinking of new ideas and inspiration is way harder as you go on.
If you are running out of ideas for your business-related posts, you’ve come to the right place. Here are short snit bits of quotes or ideas of posts for your Instagram captions.
Take these into account when writing up your posts and you’ll get your audience engaged. Here are 25 Instagram caption ideas for your business posts.
- Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe. -Sumner Redstone
- Failure is not the opposite of success; it’s part of success -Arianna Huffington
- Success is maintained & achieved by those who try and keep trying -W. Clement Stone
- Success is a series of small wins
- Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most -Abraham Lincoln
- Aspire to inspire
- Working like a boss
- Attitude of a champion. Hustle like an underdog.
- Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation -Zig Ziglar
- There are two types of people in life: Entrepreneurs, and people who work for entrepreneurs.
- Price is what you pay, value is what you get. -Warren Buffett
- Done is better than perfect. -Mark Zuckerberg
- Don’t find products for your customers, find customers for your products. -Seth Godin
- Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being excited about what could go right. -Tony Robbins
- It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lesson of failure. -Bill Gates
- Happiness is the secret ingredient for successful businesses. If you have a happy company, you will be invincible.
- I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars. I look for 1-foot bars that I can step over. -Warren Buffett
- I choose a lazy person to do a hard job, because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. -Bill Gates
- You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new. -Steve Jobs
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. -Henry Ford
- There’s no elevator to success, you must take the stairs. -Zig Ziglar
- You don’t have to be great at something to start, but you have to start to be great at something. -Zig Ziglar
- If it’s not impossible there must be a way to do it. -Sir Nicholas Winton
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. -Confucius
- Failure is an option here. If things are not failing you are not innovating enough. -Elon Musk